1. Remember a time you felt really happy. It might be when you were playing with friends, laughing or doing something that really made you proud of yourself.
2. Take your mind back to that place and try and imagine you are back there and see what you saw and hear what you heard and remember how great you felt.
3. As you think about the memory, try and make the colours in the memory brighter and make the sounds louder.
4. Now, squeeze thumb and first finger together on your right hand as you think about your happy memory.
5. Next time you are feeling lonely or sad, just squeeze your thumb and first finger and remember your happy memory. This is your happy switch and you can use it whenever you need to relax or feel better.